Are you a volunteer needing to raise funds? There is a minimum fundraising amount of £500 for each week of participation.
If you don’t already have one, you can create an online donation page for yourself at Virgin Money Giving. Using a site like Virgin Money Giving will allow your sponsors to easily add gift add to their sponsorship amount helping you to reach your financial target that much quicker. There are other donation sites however we do recommend Virgin Money Giving as they charge a lower fee against your raised funds, so more money gets allocated towards your fundraising.
Here are some suggestions:
- Get your Trust involved; ask your Head of Department if they would be willing to offer a frees day’s holiday for you to raffle in the department. You can charge £5 per entry.
- Encourage your friends, colleagues and family to make a direct donation or purchase raffle tickets. All the funds received will be put towards reducing the individual volunteer amount. We have some fantastic prizes up for grabs.
- Sponsored cessation; smoking/chocolate/swearing – sign up at www.lift.do for encouragement and to track your progress.
- Baking – if you’re a dab hand in the kitchen why not bake some cakes/muffins/biscuits and sell them to friends and family
- Games Evening – enjoy an evening of bingo / board / card games with friends and family; charge an entrance or per game fee
- Garage Sale – clear those boxes from your loft, sell old books, unwanted Christmas and birthday presents and other items that you’re probably never going to use again
- Quiz Night – ask your local if they’ll let you have a quiz night where the entrance fees go to you. You can give a % of the entry fees as a cash prize put the remainder towards your fundraising.
- Organise a group activity such as a scenic cycle ride, walk or run. Charge a small participant fee
Don’t forget to update your personal Facebook to let all your friends know you’re taking part and get their support too!